Students currently enrolled at Fort Valley State University who wish to take a course or courses at another institution for credit are considered transient students. Student must consult with their academic advisor before completing a transient request form. Students that are approved to take a course or courses at another institution must request that a transcript be sent to the Office of the Registrar, Fort Valley State University, 1005 State University, Fort Valley, Georgia 31030 at the end of the semester that the course was taken. A hold will be placed until the official transcript has been received.

Concurrent Enrollment

Any student wanting to enroll for credit courses at another institution and at Fort Valley State University concurrently, must request and secure approval.

The following conditions must be met:

  • The request must be approved by the students adviser, the department head of the student’s major department and the academic dean.
  • The request must describe or explain the planned academic load at Fort Valley State University and provide the reason for the concurrent enrollment request.
  • The request must be submitted on the Request for Concurrent Enrollment” form in the Office of the Registrar.
  • The student must secure all approvals and submit the approved request to the Office of the Registrar 10 business days prior to the registration dates on the academic calendar. Except in cases where special permission is granted by the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs. All forms must reach the Office of the Registrar by the deadline indicated above.

The Concurrent Enrollment Form can be retrieved from the Office of the Registrar.

Financial Aid

HOPE-eligible students must inform the FVSU Office of Financial Aid Office in order for a HOPE Eligibility Certificate to be submitted for coursework at the transient institution. Subsequent HOPE awards cannot be made at FVSU until an official transcript is received from the transient institution. For a transient student approaching a HOPE checkpoint, HOPE cannot be awarded until an eligibility determination is made at the end of the term.

For all other matters related to financial aid, please check with your Financial Counselor.

Transient (Incoming)

Transient students are students who are not seeking a degree but who would like to enroll for a semester at Fort Valley State University and transfer their credit(s) back to their home institution. A transient student must submit an application for admission along with a $20.00 application fee, a transient data form, a letter of good standing from their home institution, an academic transcript(s) and an immunization record. Note: It is the transient student’s responsibility to ensure that courses taken at Fort Valley State University will transfer back to his/her home institution before enrolling and that a transcript of work completed at FVSU is submitted to their home institution.