Center for Teaching and Learning
The Fort Valley State University Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) provides guidance and leadership with regard to opportunities for professional development of faculty and staff in areas of teaching, practical application of learning theory, use of technology, and academic scholarship.
Motto: “We help you do your best work.”
CETL’s objectives are:
- To assist faculty in creating strong instruction;
- To create professional learning opportunities;
- To promote and assist scholarly endeavors;
- To promote a culture of professional growth and creativity.
In order to accomplish these objectives, the Center plans, leads, and facilitates opportunities for growth and development, leveraging, whenever possible, FVSU’s wealth of talent and experience. In doing so, CTL provides faculty with compelling services and fosters goodwill among colleagues.
The Center provides services for:
- Professional development workshops
- Classroom observation/consultation
- Technology training
- Conference travel funding
- Promotion and tenure portfolio development
- Guest speaker engagement
- Planning/delivery of the Leadership Development Day
- Planning/delivery of the Faculty/Staff Institute
- Planning/delivery of the Professional Development Day