FVSU Career Profile
Your FVSU E-Portfolio is one of the most dynamic ways to show potential employers or graduate schools have formidable you are. It helps you chronicle your experiences and showcase your talents in a robust, easy to navigate form. In many ways, it can be even more impactful than a simple resume.
Your FVSU Career Profile is your electronic career folder. Use it to organize your career research, exploration, and plans. When you have a portfolio, you can:
- Save favorite pages
- Save results from career assessments and return to them later
- Keep notes about your saved pages and results
- Create resumes using your education and work history
- Store your career checklists and career plans
- Track your college applications
- Upload files and save links to helpful sites
Logging Into Your E-Portfolio
FVSU uses the Georgia Career Information Center (GCIC) to create your E-Portfolio. To begin, follow the following instructions:
- Go to GCIS – www.gcic.edu.
- Click on “click here to enter Georgia Career Information System” icon (picture circle on left)
- Username: fvsu Password: gcis601
- Click the “My Portfolio” tab on the menu bar at the top of the home page or click Create “My Portfolio” in the user badge.
- Now click Create “My Portfolio” under the New Users
- Enter your school’s username: student’s wildcat email
- Enter your school’s password.: Type (capital) Fvsu and ID number (no spaces)
- Complete as many of the fields as possible. You must complete the required fields, marked with asterisks.
- Providing your email will allow the program to help you retrieve your user name if you forget it.
- For users who are in school, providing your graduation year will help staff at your school keep track of your progress.
- Create a user name and password. You may be instructed to set up your user name and password a certain way by your instructor or counselor.
- User names must contain at least 6 characters. Passwords must contain at least 8 characters as well as contain: at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one number.
- If you receive an error message, either make the change indicated in the message or review the tutorial for additional help.
- Select and answer two security questions and click Submit.
- Some users will see a Portfolio Access If you receive this page, select the appropriate button. You may be instructed to provide access by your instructor or counselor by checking Yes.
- Click Submit. That’s it; Congratulations! You now have a career portfolio.
You will return to the home page where you can access all of the tools in your new portfolio. Click “My Portfolio” anytime to see your “My Portfolio” menu.
Important: Once you have a portfolio, use that username and password for future logins.