Application for Re-Admission
Students who have attended another college or university since their last enrollment at Fort Valley State University, regardless of the length of time away from FVSU, must submit an application for readmission through the Office of the Registrar. Likewise, any former students whose attendance has been interrupted for one semester, excluding summer school, are required to complete and submit an application for readmission. The application for readmission is provided by the Office of the Registrar and should be returned to the Registrars’ Office once completed. Please note that a copy of your driver’s license or state id is required to verify the student’s Lawful Presence according to the state of Georgia.
Readmission Application Deadline Dates:
- Spring – December 1
- Summer – April 15
- Fall – June 15
Fort Valley State University Academic Renewal
The Academic Renewal policy allows the University System of Georgia degree-seeking students who have experienced academic difficulty at an institution to have one final opportunity to earn an undergraduate degree at a system institution after an absence of three calendar years from any postsecondary institution. Upon re-enrolling, a student must petition for academic renewal within three academic semesters or within one calendar year, whichever comes first. Please contact the Office of the Registrar at Registrar1@fvsu.edu for additional information.
- Academic Renewal can be granted only once.
- Academic credit for previously completed coursework will be retained only for courses in which an A, B or C grade was earned. Retained grades will not be calculated in the Academic Renewal GPA but will be counted in Academic Renewal hours earned.
- Courses with D or F grades must be repeated at Fort Valley State University if they are required in the degree program.
- Following the granting of academic renewal, all remaining courses for the current degree must be completed at Fort Valley State University, unless the student receives prior approval to take a course at another institution.
- To earn a degree, the residency policy at Fort Valley State University after acquiring academic renewal status must be met.
- Applicability of retained credit to degree requirements will be determined by the degree requirements currently in effect at the time Academic Renewal status is approved. Also, all institutional program requirements must be met.
- After receiving academic renewal status, all work completed toward a degree must be calculated in the GPA in order for a student to be eligible for honors at graduation.
- The granting of Academic Renewal does not supersede financial aid policies regarding Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- The granting of Academic Renewal may supersede the admissions requirements of certain program which require a specific minimum grade point average based on all course work. Therefore, the Dean will be responsible for the evaluation process for admissions.
- An Academic Renewal grade point average will begin when resuming coursework following the three-year period of absence once Academic Renewal is granted. A statement will be placed on the transcript indicating Academic Renewal status.
- The Academic Renewal grade point average will be used for determining academic standing and eligibility for graduation.
- Transfer credits earned at another institution can be granted for coursework completed during my absence from Fort Valley State University if applicable to my degree program.
- Academic credit from a previously attended institution can be evaluated for Academic Renewal, if there is no enrollment for three calendar years from the previously attended institution(s).