Study livestock and other animal species as it relates to their biological systems, behavior, health, reproduction, growth, and management of their living environments.
properly care for animals and livestock
Animal science is the study of livestock and other animal species as it relates to their biological systems, behavior, health, reproduction, growth and management of their living environments.
The animal science program educates future leaders in animal agriculture, pursues research programs that improve production efficiency and utility of animals and advances extension and outreach programs that apply research findings and introduce innovative, value-added products to the public.
Bachelor of Science in Agriculture with a major in animal science
The Masters of Science degree program in Animal Science provides three options of specialization:
- Animal Products Technology
- Animal Nutrition and Forages
- Animal Reproductive Physiology and Cell Biology
- Agriculture Insurance Representative
- Animal Nutrition / Health Consultant
- Animal Pharmaceutical Sales
- Animal Product Marketing Specialist
- Breeding / Ultrasound Technician
- Meat Plant Quality Control
- Research / Product Development Technician
To be admitted to the university high school students must have a GPA of 2.25 as well as an SAT score of 430 on Critical Thinking/Verbal and 400 on Math or an ACT score of 17 on English and 17 on Math.